Energy Revolution

I was just reading an interview with Arthur Clarke. In the interview, he
mentioned something about a new energy source that he called cold fusion
which is cold but not really fusion. He also said that there are some
7000 of these units working in Russia right now. Can anyone give me any
information of this energy source. Thanks in advance for any help.