Re: Global warming

I am not an expert on global worming. I read that the main human effect,
if any, has to do with the emission of CO2 (and other gases) into the
atmosphere. The energy-related emission of CO2 (burning of fossil fuels)
can not be reduced unless nuclear power (or solar power, etc.) is used to
replace traditional coal burning plants. Solar power is preferable but its
large scale practicality has not been demonstrated. Discussing energy
options available to us (at all level of physics teaching) is one way in
which we can contribute to future developments. A seesion devoted to this
topic is planned for the next winter meeting of AAPT (New Orlean).

Ludwik Kowalski

While I tend to agree about the emotional response from scientists, urging
action on a scientific basis is not only appropriate but urgently needed.
Scare tactics rarely work but the evidence is mounting the we should be
concerned beyond the "cautionary actions".
Richard Goode