Re: How many joules --> e.m. waves?

On April 19, 1997 Bob Sciamanda wrote:

Corson & Lorrain is a second reference which agrees with [the radiation
resistance formula for a magnetic dipol] R = 19200*(d/lambda)^4. This
reference explicitly states the restriction d<<lambda. This restriction
is inherent in any derivation which assumes the same instantaneous value
of the current at every point in the circuit (the loop).

This means that my calculations of efficiencies were wrong; I used the
R_rad formula outside the region of its validity. Yes, there is a price to
pay by grabing a formula without thinking about its derivation. I will
modify the capacity again (to be in the region for which we do have a
formula for R_rad) and will recalculate efficiencies, for those who might
still be interested. And I will use the 19200 coefficient this time.

I just realized that there are two kinds of resonance in this problem,
one for the oscillations of charge between C and L and one for the antenna
itself. The first kind depends only on L*C; it determines lambda=c/f, where
c is the speed of light. The second (standing waves) depends on (d/lambda).

Mark wrote that high efficiencies are natural for standing waves. What
evidence to we have for this? Does anybody know how to calculate R_rad
when (d/lambda) is not very small in comparison with unity?
Ludwik