Re: GPS Units...

You should look into the DeLorme Tripmate which you should be able to
find for about $150 or so. It plugs into the serial port of your
computer and comes with a CD ROM containing DeLorme's Street Atlas
USA. That way you can see exactly where you are in real time as you
rear end the car in front. 8-) I don't think it does altitude,
though, but you can't beat the price. Check it out at

http://www.delorme.com/products/tripmate/

Greetings everyone. I was wondering if some of you could give me
some information on gps (global positioning system) units. I've been
looking at them for over a year. I do a lot of traveling/hiking and I
would also like to take it into school for demos (Actually, I'd also like
to have it because I get lost a lot. :-)).
I'm looking for something that not only shows latitude and
longitude, but also elevation, accurate, not too pricey, direction and
distance to a location, speed and time of arrival to destination, sunrise
and sunset, versatile, fairly easy to use, etc.
Can anyone recommend a brand? Things to look for? Suggestions?

Dwight
dsouder@juno.com

Paul J. Camp "The Beauty of the Universe
Assistant Professor of Physics consists not only of unity
Coastal Carolina University in variety but also of
Conway, SC 29528 variety in unity.
pjcamp@coastal.edu --Umberto Eco
pjcamp@postoffice.worldnet.att.net The Name of the Rose
(803)349-2227