AMUs & AP

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Jim Green wrote:

The material I have reviewed, after 1986, appears to be dominated by SI
units.

Do these tests have a special name?
In Physics there is the Advanced Placement Physics B (non-calculus)
and the Advanced Placement Physics C (calculus based- 1 section Mechanics
and 1 section E & M, Wave Optics & Modern Physics.

Could someone please give the address of the people who prepare these tests.

The committee of College and High School Science teachers along with
the testing consultants may change from year to year. In addition I believe
there is a rather rigorous statistical analysis of the questions at
college piloting sites around the country. So "people who prepare" may
not be easy to identify. The design, piloting and implementation is
supervised by ETS (Educational Testing Service, Princeton or is it Iowa?).
You can order packets of information from:

Advanced Placement Program
P.O. Box 6670
Princeton, N.J. 08541-6670

Hope that helps.

Tim
High School Physics Truck Driver

--
Tim Burgess Alabama Science in Motion
102 Espejo Street Physics Department - ILB-35