Re: Magnetic Shielding

I know that a Faraday cage will shield electric fields. Can one ( and how)
sheild against magnetic fields? I can't remember (and I don't easily find a
reference in my resources here) and was put on the spot today with that
question.

A Type I superconducting cavity provides an ideal magnetic field
excluder in the same sense that a Faraday cage does. You may tell
your student that in the ideal Faraday cage E=0 and in an ideal
Type I superconducting cavity B=0.

Leigh