Re: Operational Definitions

It might be interesting to speculate about whether we would ever have
developed the concept of temperature had it not been for our sensing of it.

You have little respect for the intellect of members of your species.

It might be interesting to speculate about whether we would ever have
developed the concept of the neutrino. No one sensed it for three
decades after it was proposed, by which time, without any perceptible
stimulus, *everyone* already believed in it!

The concept of ghosts is well-developed too, and much of that is
based on perception, if, perhaps, mistakenly so.

I hope that will put the speculation to rest. I'm sure the capacity of
the human imagination to invent obscure abstract concepts has been
adequately demonstrated *many* times!

Leigh