tribophysics

Haha, do you know what that is? I had to look it up myself.

I am looking for a source of into about triboelectric behavior of
different materials. I recently had some unexpected (but not uncommon,
so I'm told) trouble rubbing wool on a plastic rod. Sometimes the rod
charged up negatively, sometimes positively. It was suggested that the
materials were too close on a 'triboelectric scale.' Well, maybe, maybe
not. Where can I find information like that? It's not in the old
physics books I used in college. Is it engineering info?

Thanks,

Keith

"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid
the real labor of thinking." -Sir Joshua Reynolds.

Keith Tipton, kctipton@tenet.edu, kctipton@concentric.net, Houston, TEXAS!