Re: Feeling Acceleration

At 07:42 PM 4/7/97, A. R. Marlow wrote:
Am I the only one who finds a problem with the term "feeling acceleration"
that has been so freely used recently on this list? I cannot believe that
I have any sense mechanisms for accelerations, whether in my glutei maximi
or my inner ears -- if I did have such mechanisms, they would
continually be triggered by all the accelerations I am continually
subjected to. ...
A. R. Marlow

For a biosensory skeptic, an entertaining book that has some things
to say about proprioceptors vs. exteroceptors is Jonathan Miller's
"The Body In Question."

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK