Seeking Light Bulb Source

Colleagues,

I am looking for replacement light bulbs for a Nakamura Reflection and
Refraction Tank. We find a nice tool for demonstrating the laws of
geometrical optics. A description and picture of this tank can be found
on page 90 of the 1996 CENCO Advanced Physics Apparatus catalog. The
catalog numbers for the tank and bulb are 31703U and 31721U, respectively,
and I believe the bulb is manufactured in Japan.

The bulb, which operates at 6-V and 2-A, has a clear glass envelop and a
straight-line filament. It has to fit in tight quarters so its size and
shape is critical. Unfortunately it contains no identifying markings.

While CENCO does sell the bulb they charge $30 apiece for them and I
understand they are in the process of implementing a price increase. Can
anyone suggest an alternate (cheaper) source for the bulbs?

Gene

Eugene (Gene) P. Mosca Phone 410-293-6659 (Fax 3729)
Physics Department 410-267-0144 Home
572 Holloway Road 610-683-3597 Summer
U.S.Naval Academy Mailstop 9C, Michelson Rm 339
Annapolis MD 21402 email: mosca@nadn.navy.mil