Re: Capacitor or condenser ?

Don
I enjoyed your comments about your retired mechanic. He sounds like a gem.
I'm saving your message to pass along to my Auto Tech students who are
preparing to be Ford mechanics. The computer diagnostics are wonderful
things, but there are still problems for which there is no computer code.
A few years I had an Escort that was running poorly. The computer codes
were inconsistant and after replacing everything the codes suggested the
problem was unchanged. I finally realized that everything suggested ran
off the same vaccum line and finally traced the problem to a piece of dirt
partially blocking a small hole in a vac. reducing diaphram. All the computer
could tell was that the various devices were sending the wrong signals.
It couldn't tell why the signals were wrong and simply assumed a defective
part.