Re: Isn't it the limit?

On Sun, 30 Mar 1997, Donald E. Simanek wrote:

critically examine it. We don't want to bog students down with esoteric
bits of math, but we don't want them handicapped by a partial or
inadequate understanding which may cause them grief in later courses, or
in their chosen life work.

I wouldn't belabor the point if the question doesn't come from the
students, but if it does it provides a good opportunity to encourage
critical examination. I would, perhaps, ask them what the width of the
"triangle" would be half way up. Someone should be able to figure out
that it is .707*base instead of .5* for a true triangle.

Al