Cause and effect.

*"Re: New capacitor problem"*
Prof. John P. Ertel (wizard) wrote on Mon, 31 Mar 1997 10:12:28
-0500 (EST) :

equally absurdly, after solving a form of Newton's 2nd Law for mass
m =3D F/a
conclude that the mass is directly proportional to the force and =
inversely
proportional to the acceleration.

I know your object is one single body whose mass is in no case
proportional to any force applied to it. But when you've got
several bodies then you CAN accelerate them all the same and
measure the force needed to accomplish this and you WILL get
m_i~F_i. So I wouldn't call the above interpretation 'absurd' in
general.

Bye, bye
Guntbert
+please correct me, if I misuse some technical terms+
Mag. Guntbert Reiter, Graz, Austria
teacher for physics, mathematics and computer science
e-mail : guntbert@cut.big.ac.at