Re: e-mail formating

On Thu, 27 Mar 1997, Leigh Palmer wrote:
LaTeX is, indeed, a common language for professional physicists. I
don't think it is likely that everyone has it, however. The Mac has
only two applications that can handle it, one of which is very
expensive (but very nice), and the other is free but immense! I think
a more practical alternative is Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format, but I
suspect that no universdally agreeable format yet exists.

Leigh

Howdy,

Actually there are several shareware versions of TeX/LaTeX for the Mac as
well as a commercial version called Textures. I've used Textures for
several years and it is blindingly fast (even on the 68040 Q650 I use) so
that I can use it real time on shorter documents (i.e., type in a text
window while Textures automatically "compiles" the text into the document
on the fly).

Take a look at <http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/> for more info.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz