Re: Capacitor problem

March 29, 1997
Responding to Brian Whatcott

Ultimately physics is an experimental science but the questions we ask
must not include terms such as

..... unstoppable forces and immovable objects.

Questions which real experiments cannot decide, seem to enter the realm
of metaphysics for me.

Yes, but didn't you refer, in another message, to a patent office clerk
who was good in asking such questions? Then astronomers went to Tanzania
and "metaphysics became physics". We still can not detect gravitons
pouring from Don's buckets but people are trying. And how do you know that
the energy lost by two parallel capacitors, also introduced today, is not
escaping in the form of gravitons, especially when L-->0.

But your message disappointed me, Brian. I expected to be enlightened
about L associated with a pair of parallel plates. And I expect to read
about your mnemonics to memorize physics, one day.
Ludwik Kowalski