Re: Capacitor problem

At 11:42 AM 3/29/97 EDT, LUDWIK KOWALSKI wrote:
29 Mar 1997 09:38:13
Who can contradict me if I say there is a burst of x-rays when I finally
reduce L to zero?

A REAL EXPERIMENT WILL. Ultimately physics is an experimental science.

Good question. ...
Ludwik Kowalski

Good answer. But it answers the wrong question.

Questions which real experiments cannot decide,
seem to enter the realm of metaphysics for me.

So unstoppable forces and immovable objects are
not, in this world view, questions about physics.
And wires with no inductance are part of that
same un- and im- continuum.

But to attempt at least some level of response of the sort
you wanted - I reasoned that root LC is the denominator
of the frequency determining equation and where L tends to zero
Fx tends to inf, passing infrared, visible and x rays en route.
Quite impractical - and theoretically untenable I realise.

For X rays, it is far better to jiggle an electron beam where
the electrons have some chance to go at speeds greater than their customary
snails pace in conductors, I suppose.

Regards
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK