Conceptual Physics Users

***DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST. REPLY TO ADDRESS BELOW***

Greetings,

There was a just-completed thread on Paul Hewitt and _Conceptual
Physics_. A friend of mine is considering adopting the program. I wonder
if some on the list who are USING CP would be willing to share your
insights with him. His request is below. He is NOT on this list. Please
reply to him directly.

Respond to Don Murad, not the list.
Don Murad dmurad@uoft02.utoledo.edu

----
----

Question for everyone. I have indication that I will be able to
restructure the Physics program at Southview. Textbooks, levels of
Physics, etc. The assistant principal has indicated that he would like
to have 60 - 70 % of the students take some sort of Physics. (AP,
Honors, Regular, Tech Prep, etc.) I have always liked the Conceptual
Physics (Hewitt) program for the lower to average level kids. Do you
know someone who uses the program who I might contact and see how they
like Conceptual Physics ? I have always used the supplemental materials
but never the entire program. The book and the support materials have
always looked pretty good to me. The new materials seem to be presented
better. Color pictures, labs seem to be varied, little math (although
some math could be put in with certain kids). Any thoughts ?

Clear Skies
Don Murad dmurad@uoft02.utoledo.edu
Sylvania Southview HS
7225 Sylvania Ave.