Re: e-mail formating

On 28 Mar 97 at 8:55, Larry Smith wrote:

As for the difficulty of learning LaTeX, there is a
shareware text editor (Alpha 6.5) for Macs (could be one for PCs
too, dunno) that has all the math formatting commands readily
available in menus so one doesn't have to remember them.

While I find it hard to believe that I would advocate using Tex, the
very common equation editor MathType, for both Mac and Windows, will
create Tex output. You can format an equation there, and it will
place on the clipboard the associated tex commands. It'll go the
other way too, but only for tex that Mathtype created.

For example,

%MathType!ZZhx47!ceaadeGcbmqdaaqasmOyd8aaaSqebiaIYaaakiGHTiaI0iXGHjXGJ
b %Wcraaaaa!058C! $$\sqrt {b^2-4ac}$$

This is ugly to read as Tex code but it should print out as sqrt
(b^2 - 4ac) with the pretty radical sign. The stuff at the beginning
is all Mathtype comments for going back to a mathtype format eqn.

JEG

Didn't we have this discussion a couple of years ago? ;-)

--
John E. Gastineau (304) 296-1966
900 B Ridgeway Ave. gastineau@badgerden.com