Job opening (unofficial announcement)

I've accepted a job in industry, so Lyon College will be looking for a
physicist in the immediate future. It will likely be a one-year visiting
position with a chance of winning the tenure track job the following year.

The job will be to teach algebra and calc based intro physics and lab.
There is no major (the reason I've decided to leave) or upper division
courses offered regularly, although some students have asked for
independent study courses in the past.

I would be happy to describe the situation further by private email. I
hope Lyon will be able to get a good person in without too much trouble, as
I wish only good things for my department chair. He is a great person to
work for.

Watch the Physics Teacher and Chronicle for Higher Ed for the official ads.

Chip

J. D. Sample (501) 698-4625
Math-Physics Dept sample@lyon.edu
Lyon College