Praxis II tests

Hi everybody. For a variety of reasons, I am currently undergoing a career
change, from aerospace engineering research to secondary school teaching.
My educational background is quite good (for details, please see my home
page at http://www.concentric.net/~kousen/), but it's primarily in
engineering, rather than in physics.

In order to get certification to teach in the public schools in
Connecticut, I'm required to take two Praxis II exams: 10265 Physics:
Content Knowledge (a two-hour multiple choice exam) and 30262 Physics:
Content Essays (a one-hour essay test).

Since my experience is more in fluid mechanics, structural vibrations, and
stuff like that, there are certain "gaps" in my knowledge relative to
physics. Now, I think I can study the right things (mostly E and M) to
prepare for the multiple choice exam, but I'm at a loss about how to
prepare for the essay test. That doesn't seem to be something you can
learn about quickly.

I've downloaded the relevant ETS guides, but they basically tell you to
know everything (a common problem in physics :) ).

Are there any recommendations anyone can give me?

Thanks,

Ken Kousen

Kenneth A. Kousen
Research Scientist