Re: What keeps clouds up?

In the case of fog, there is little or no settling of the
droplets. Is it possible that there can be a water droplet that is small
enough that normal molecular action of the air can keep the droplet in a
state called a colloid? (many science texts state that a cloud is a
colloid which I believe means it will never settle)
It is interesting to observe the sun when it is partly covered by
a cloud so that the bottom and top edge(of the sun) can be seen. I have
seen the sun appear to have a vertical diameter almost twice what its
horizontal diameter appears to be. Some day I am going to capture a good
photograph of that phenomena.

Fred Bucheit