Re: ap exam review

This is my first year teaching AP Physics B, and I am trying to plan how to
structure a review of the material. I have 3 weeks prior to the exam
blocked out for review, but I would really like some advice as to how to
get the most done during this time without trying to rehash an entire year
of information in 3 weeks. Any and all suggestions would be welcomed and
greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kathy Daniel

Kathy Daniel
Oakland High School
865 Patriot Drive
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
(615) 890-5920
danielk@mtsu.campus.mci.net

I have had more experience with AP (C) but I find the most effective review
is to use old tests, especially the multiple choice. I try to get the
students used to the timing of questions ( 70/90 min.) Discussing the
answers dredges out many misconceptions. Get them used to doing these
without calculator or formula sheet. Have them do problems in forced time
conditions. BTW old tests are available through the College Board People,
if you don't have any. They come with scoring guides.
I still believe that the students must learn to review on their own as
well. Give them guidance on how to do that, a little at a time and
consitently over an extended time.

Good luck,

Ken Fox
Smoky Hill High School