Re: Machine Shop?

I think you will regret getting rid of it.

At 08:15 AM 3/18/97 +0000, you wrote:
During a building renovation, we are considering getting rid of our
departmental machine shop (the room could be converted to something
else) -- at the moment, it doesn't get much use, and we would have
access to tools elsewhere on campus. We are a 3-1/2 person department;
we do have students doing research much of the time. My question is: do
those of you in similar situations feel that a machine shop is useful,
valuable, necessary in a college department of this size?
--
Martha Takats
Department of Physics and Astronomy

* W. Larry Freeman *
* Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP)*
* Dept. of Physics *
* 56 Weyandt Hall *
* Indiana, PA 15705 *
* *