Re: Videopoint & add-ons

Some students of mine were analyzing a video clip using Videopoint, and none
of their numbers made any sense. The data table for an object clearly
moving steadily from left to right would yield numbers which increased and
decreased, sometimes even going negative.
George,
Sorry for the delay but I don't see an answer to your query, so I
will try. If I remember correctly one of the special options in Videopoint
is that it will allow you to pan with the camera and still digitize in the
"inertial" reference frame. It sounds like your students got this feature
turned on. One of the common trouble with "special features." Actually you
can shoot a ball from a moving cart and look at the ball both from the
stationary observer's reference frame and the frame co-moving with the cart
which is a neat analysis.
I hope this helps.

Gary

Gary Karshner