How many PHYS-L-ers + a suggestion

1) How many PHYS-L-ers? 111 people wanted to be counted.
2) From 12 countries. (Australia-3, Austria-1, Belgium-1, Canada-5,
Chile-1, Israel-1, Italy-1, Mexico-1, New Zealand-4, Philippines-1,
Spain-2, USA-90)
3) US states: Alabama-1, Arizona-3, Arkansas-1, California-3, Colorado-2,
Illinois-3, Indiana-5, Iowa-1, Kansas-2, Kentucky-1, Main-2, Maryland-2,
Michigan-4, Minnesota-3, Missouri-4, Nebraska-3, New Jersey-4,
New Mexico-1, New York-5, North Carolina-4, Ohio-6, Oregon-1,
Pennsylvania-4, South Carolina-2, South Dakota-1, Tennessee-3, Texas-3,
Utah-2, Vermont-1, Virginia-3, Washington-2, West Virginia-1, Wisconsin-1,
undeclared-6.
4) CATEGORIES with respect to our "worm problem" (see item 5 below)
A - 10 solved without any help
B - 2 solved after being helped
C - 3 plan to solve
D - 4 tried but gave up
E - 67 were too busy
F - 18 missed the problem
G - 7 unknown
---------------------------------
5) I liked the worm problem thread and I decided to preserve it on my home
page. You can access it by linking to "WORM" from

http://www.csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski

I suggest that other interesting threads be turned into similar documents.
This will take time but the effort is likely to be appreciated by many.
Who should do this? Anybody who has time and who feels a thread is worth
preserving. A self-appointed editor would select messages, strip all
headers, and try to eliminate duplications. Some comments and explanations
of uncommon aspects may occasionally be helpful, I think.

Ludwik Kowalski kowalskiL@alpha.montclair.edu