Re: Machine Shop?

Let me guess...you have 3.5 positions in a physics dept and all are
theoeticians! Is it possible that any of your graduates *can* work in
experimental physics with no machine shop experience? Maybe they will find
work in some country where it is culturally unacceptable to get your hands
dirty.

Perhaps it would be more suitable to remove the word "physics" from the
dept name. Change it to something like mathematical amusements far removed
from the physical world. (Smile...I'm ducking the replies) Karl