Re: worm problem, PARADOX?

My statement had absolutely nothing to do with John's attempt to show the
inconsistency of Ludwik's approach to the worm problem. I was referring to
your statement concerning one being approximately equal to zero relative to
the tractor velocity of 10^5. My point is that it is always perilous to
ignore small differences when those differences are precisely what you are
interested in. Here, setting 100001 = 100000 is, to repeat myself,
tantamount to setting the worm's velocity = 0 which obviously leads to the
conclusion that an infinite time is required for the worm to reach the other
end of its tether although the discussion of the problem has probably come
very close to achieving this.

Lew