More ? Computational Physics

On Thu, 13 Mar 1997, Alex. F. Burr wrote:
different people. A computational physics course can be easily taught
at the high school level if suitable topics are covered. Presumably it
is an elective.
It is an elective.

I have not organized such a course. I would consider introducing
spreadsheets. I would (and I think others should seriously consider it)
introduce them to Mathcad (or the program designed for high school
students Studyworks, based on Mathcad).
I would surely think that spreadsheets would be valuable to learn. Is
Mathcad the "major" standard? Are there others?

A very useful activity would be to have the students create
Interactive Physics models for most of the homework problems from
the regular physics course.
Why would this be useful? Can you explain how this might help a student
learn the PHYSICS better?

If anybody wants me to expand on any of these comments, I will
be happy to do so..

One the point of debate I gathered so far is:
Experiences in physical measurement (or "lab") that confirm or
establish (by discovery or otherwise) Physics principals should not be
displaced by Physics simulations on a computer.

I am learning alot from the exchanges. I would love to see some
expansion on those topics.

Thanks!

Tim