Re: Computational Physics

I recommend that anyone considering a low level computational physics
course take a look at the two volume set (paper back) entitled An
Introduction to COMPUTER SIMULATION METHODS Applications to Physical
Systems, Parts 1 and 2, 1988, Addison Wesley, by Harvey Gould and Jan
Tobochnik. I don't know whether there is a newer edition.

The first Part begins with methods of numerically solving differential
equations such as the coffee cooling problem, motion of falling objects,
etc. The material is very well presented in a progressive manner. The
program listings are written in True BASIC, but they are easily
translatable to other languages.

* bob muir voice: (910) 334-5669 *
* physics & astron. e-mail: bob_muir@uncg.edu *
* unc greensboro *