Re: FCI/gender/HS physics data update

I'd like to know if anyone has checked point biserials for FCI on a
large basis. I have some local data and will run it shortly. I think some
of the questions are more confusingly worded than others and would like to
see their PBS.

I'll also check gender as a covariate.

Finally, has anyone studied the test-format for electronic vs paper
administration of FCI or similar standardized tests? Any literature
suggestions?

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://www.phy.nau.edu/~danmac/homepage.html

In your original note you indicated which of the questions had apparent
gender bias. As I recall, the original publication of the test gave a
taxonomy of the questions. Is there any correlation between those
questions in which a bias appears and the content of the question?

cheers

joe bellina