Re: Computers

Note that according to the catalog which arrived yesterday, Vernier
now has a Win95 integrated ULI package for $49 site license. I saw
this demonstrated at the last AAPT meeting and it was pretty nice.

What I have, for example, is a significant number of investment programs
that are not available for the Mac. Software drives hardware. A major
reason I purchased my first Apple was the "killer app" of Visa Calc.
I am able to find software for 'Wintel' machines that I cannot find for
my Mac. A few years ago MacMotion and ULI timer were key programs in my
physics program. ULI timer is still important but I do have a
replacement on the PC side. Vernier came out with MPLI for Windows so
MacMotion is not quite so important.
Larry

Paul J. Camp "The Beauty of the Universe
Assistant Professor of Physics consists not only of unity
Coastal Carolina University in variety but also of
Conway, SC 29528 variety in unity.
pjcamp@coastal.edu --Umberto Eco
pjcamp@postoffice.worldnet.att.net The Name of the Rose
(803)349-2227