Re: Computers--Mac & PC in one box

The good news--RAM is cheap and so are Hard Drives--BUT, if the Mac isn't
using a PCI bus for the HD then you can't simply add another drive (on PC
systems today you can usually run 3 hard drives and a CD-rom from the same
controller). The PowerMacs we have can only support a single Hard Drive
and so we had to 'discard' the original drives when adding new ones. Also,
be sure to check if there are open slots for the RAM such that you don't
have to discard what's there to add more.

Macs support more than one hard disk easily. I have three on my Power Mac.
One just runs them on a SCSI daisy chain. (My Mac also has PCI slots, but
there is so much built in that I will probably never use them.)

I often wonder why anyone would want to run PC applications on a Mac. It
is cheaper and probably faster to run them on a PC.

Leigh