bulges

Bulges due to rotation? This reminded me about "nuclear bulges" which
were calculated from potentials by Swiatecki et all in early 1960s. They
were preoccupied (Berkeley) by the effect of angular momentum (grazing
nuclear collisions) on the shapes of compound nuclei. Gravity is usually
ignored in such calculations. Sigar-like heavy nuclei become unstable when
the angular momentum exceed about 100 h-bar units. How can you explain
this clearly without being located (mathematically speaking) in the
rotating frame of reference?
Ludwik
I agree with Leigh who thinks that

.... it is a shame that this point of view is not taught in our
schools. The zealous censorship of physics textbooks that has removed
the entirely accessible concept of centrifugal force from our problem
solving tool bag has done a great disservice to our students.
Leigh
Who are the censors? Can we change them?