Re: MHO to Siemens

On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Roger A. Pruitt wrote:

It is customary to use lower case when referring to the unit and upper case
when referring to the person. Upper case is used for abbreviations.

Roger Pruitt

I don't object to naming the unit of conductivity for Siemens, but I do
think that we should admit that this is what we have done by using the
upper-case initial for the name. That is: Siemens, Coulomb, Newton,
Hertz, Fermi, etc.

W. Barlow Newbolt 540-463-8881 (telephone)
108 Parmly Hall 540-463-8884 (fax)
Washington and Lee University newbolt.w@fs.science.wlu.edu
Lexington, Virginia 24450 wnewbolt@liberty.uc.wlu.edu

"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return. It's the
zero adjust on his bathroom scale"
Arthur C. Clarke

It is not my custom. It may be some other person's custom.