Re: Computers

Concerning the linear regression results from Excel. I have just analyzed
the data (transposing the columns) using Excel Ver. 7.0 in Win95. I get
slope = 4.75200
intcp = 1.1102..E-16

Using the spreadsheet to implement the standard least squares algorithm
(Baird, Experimentation), I get the SAME SLOPE and
intcp = 1.05736E-16

Using Vernier's Graphical Analysis for Windows, I get the SAME SLOPE and
intcp = 0.0000

* bob muir voice: (910) 334-5669 *
* physics & astron. e-mail: bob_muir@uncg.edu *
* unc greensboro *