Re: oil-filled capacitors

Incidentally, these are oil-filled capacitors, not electrolytic.

Actually they are Pyranol-filled capacitors. Do you know what Pyranol
is? It is that environmentalists' whipping boy, ploychlorinated
biphenyls, or "PCBs" as they are called for the press releases to
terrify Joe Sixpack.

I have spent considerable time in Pyranol up to my elbows in my youth
while unpotting transmission line transformers (we called them "pole
pegs" (or pole pigs)) to make big radio transmitter power supplies.

Leigh