Re: Computers

Buy it even if it goes bankrupt; we need to send a message to the wintel
biz. These days I'm sorry I ever urged the adoption of Word and Excel
for standardization, supporting megacorps that become overly successful
removes the evolutionary pressure on SW & HW caused by competition.
Consider your stock purchase a charitable donation to a better world
of future software and hardware if nothing else. Remember the bad
pentiums and associated denials? These guys need competition to keep
themselves even moderately in line. We need to preserve diversity in
computing, lest coporate-think make decisions that should be made by users.

I hear Micro$oft is even claiming to support Apple these days lest they
become the only game in town and get partitioned by the Justice dept
like Ma Bell.

Dan the corporate idealist, off to buy Apple stock for charitable donation :^)

I think it is the Apple folks who are on their knees praying that the
company will survive - and I hope it does make it. Buy Apple when it hits
$10.00 per share!

L. Herr

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://www.phy.nau.edu/~danmac/homepage.html