INNUMERACY, was Re: Use of Calculators

At 06:35 PM 2/24/97 -0600, you wrote:
Hi Physics Phriends,

INNUMERACY:
Of course, when I'm feeling mischievous at a particularly slow cashier, I
wait until the register says that the change is $2.63 when I give her/him a
10 dollar bill for a $7.37 purchased. Then I say, oh, here's 37 cents.
Talk about INNUMERACY.

Bye, DiRT

-----
David R. Thiessen FUN + PHYSICS = PHUN
Science Department PHYSICS IS PHUN !!
Deerfield High School
1959 North Waukegan Road Education increases your freedom
Deerfield, IL 60015 Because It Increases Your Options !!
Home phone (815) 337-2883
School phone (708) 405-8488 Education will enrich your life
Voice Mail (708) 374-3811 then *610 Even if it doesn't enhance your
income !!
School Fax (708) 945-0970
Remember when students brought teachers
Apples instead of driving them
bananas ??

dthiessn@nslsilus.org (Quote sources long forgotten)
-----

INNUMERACY - I went to the store with a handful of coupons - most of them
"normal" - 50 cents off, etc, but one gaot me 10% off the TOTAL purchase.

The cashier had no idea why I wanted the 10% off rung up PRIOR to all the
cents off coupons credited.

Richard M. Langer Gateway High School,
Physics Teacher 5101 McRee Ave.
rlanger@dtd1.slps.k12.mo.us St. Louis, MO 63110