Re: string vibrators needed

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997, Laura Cotts wrote:
Hello friends,
I have a few old but wonderful Sargent Welch string vibratirs for a wave
lab. They vibrated at only one frequency (120) but we could change the
tension in the string and produce different standing waves.
I need more of them but SW no longer carries them as the manufacturer has
quit business. Does anyone have a good model they could recommend?
Thank you for your help.

I think I have at least a dozen of them stashed around here somewhere.
I'd have to dig them out to give you an exact count. We have all new
Pasco mechanical vibrators and function generators to take their place.
Mabye we could work something out. Call me.

You are talkiing about the magnetic ones with the coils wrapped in blue
tape and mounted on a rod, right?
--
James Bradford Shue jshue@comp.uark.edu
University of Arkansas Voice phone:(501) 575-6059