Re: solar calculation

How can we calculate the angle of the sun, above the horizon, at a
specific location ( a city for example) on the dates of Dec 21st, March
21st, June 21st, and Sept 21st?

I'll assume you mean at local solar noon, the time when its altitude, A,
(the angle above a true horizon) is maximum for that day. The obliquity
of the ecliptic, I, is approximately 23-1/2 degrees. For an observing
location at latitude L, these quantities are related by:

Date formula

Summer solstice A = I + L

Equinoxes (both) A = I

Winter solstice A = I - L