Re: Physics Answer to a Question...

Solving for V1 I get = 0.0001 m/s
Therefore, each time he spits, his velocity is increasing by 1x10^-4 m/s,
which means he would have to spit 10 000 times.

Dwight,
Your solution looks OK to me, but I like the sound of the solution
better when you calculate the total mass to be spit = 10 kg. Grampa can
then spit it all out at once or divide it up in as many as he chooses. At 1
gram per ejectile, I get your answer of 10^4 spits.

--Jim(pengra@whitman.edu) Walla Walla, Washinton, USA