Free E-field software for Mac

Thanks, Dan M., for the plug. Yes, folks, if any of you out there are
still using Macintoshes (like I am), my software is still free upon
request, and is described at the address Dan M. gave:

http://www.weber.edu/physics/schroede/MacSoft.htm

(You can't just download it, though, you have to e-mail me and I'll
send it to you. Sorry for the inconvenience.)

However, I should point out that this software does *not* draw field
lines or equipotentials. All it draws is arrows representing the
field. If you can live with this limitation, and if you don't need
an IBM version, then this is the software you probably want. But
if you want more features, and have LOTS of money, buy Sherwood's
EMfield software from PAS instead. (John may not work for them,
but they are friends of his and he does seem to be rather defensive
about their new high prices.) Because my program is simpler and
was written just for the Mac, it runs a lot faster and smoother,
especially when you have a hundred or so point charges on the screen.
Also, IMHO, my program is a bit easier to use. Just don't expect
it to do too much.

Dan Schroeder
Weber State University
dschroeder@cc.weber.edu