Re: stroboscopic eyes

An experiment that I have found interesting:

As original poster of this thread, I thank you for telling me that I am not
alone in being unsure:
1. Vapor lights work as a concept
2. Flashes from hubcaps give an illusion, but not real strobe?
3. No clear answer from biologists yet on eye image retention/repetition.

The jarring head explanation I believe is least likely for the effect as
described to me by students. That would need more vibration than most car's
I'd ride in give on pavement. I could not observe the effect yesterday and
my colleague maintains it is most likely the vapor lights...so the
experiment goes on.

I am fascinated by looking at a computer moniter from a distance while
rapidly vibrating the toungue or making a raspberry. The pattern changes
with frequency. It's cool! That has got to be the jarring head phenomenon.

Ken Fox Physics stimulates the
Smoky Hill High School Imagination!
16100 Smoky Hill Rd
Aurora,CO.80015