Re: stroboscopic eyes

When passing a large truck on a sunny day I've seen what looks like a
strobe effect from reflections off the lugnuts of the front wheels. I've
always attributed this to a multitude of reflections off the spinning
shiny wheel, the bolts, etc. I could never work out anything that made
the wheel appear to go backward however. Has anyone else seen this or am
I in need of an eye exam?