Re: No more BASIC for MAC?

At 4:37 PM on 1/23/97, <phys-l@mailer.uwf.edu> wrote:

I've just been told from a vendor that no version of BASIC exists for the
PowerMac. So what are people using when they want to do some quick and
dirty programing on a Mac these days? (Please don't tell me I have to learn
C!! Please! Surely there is something easier.)

kyle

I've heard of C++, but not C!!. ;^)

I'm surprised (and skeptical) that the Basic packages out there won't run
on a PowerMac. You might check with the makers of TrueBasic and
FutureBasic to be sure. We are happy with TrueBasic (on our 68k Macs) and
I've heard some people say that FutureBasic is even nicer.

Chip

J. D. Sample (501) 698-4625
Math-Physics Dept sample@lyon.edu
Lyon College