Re: Long! Now that the grades are in...

Keith--

How would you like for finals to count as 10% of the final grade? In our
corporation 10% is the magic number. This is my fourth year of teaching
high school physics and math. I find that most kids seem to care about
scoring just enough points to maintain their "pre-finals" grade. (By the
way, our semester is composed of 3 six-week grading periods). Provided
we have school tomorrow (adverse weather canceled the last two days),
finals exams will be taking place. I always hope that I'll be
pleasantly surprised--that the kids will actually study and attempt to
end up with a score at least comparabe to their normal test average.
However, I'm not holding my breath!
Jennifer Seckinger "Everything should be made as simple as
Evansville, IN possible, but not simpler."
jsecking.ucs@smtp.usi.edu --Albert Einstein