Re: Junk Science Junk Telecast

My personal BS detector asks: "Who will benefit if the apparently absurd
presentation is taken to be true?" Applying this rule to most "news" will
make you exceedingly cynical--but frequently correct!

I could better defend the Junk Science Junk if I were ABC's advertising
manager and wanted to air a show which would guarantee me to get some lost
advertising acounts.

Shucks, I could even defend the tobacco industry with a remark like "It
hasn't really been proven that cigarettes are addictive to children," if
the tobacco industry contributed to my income ...Oops, that was a
politician that did that...smile, Karl

Dr. Karl I. Trappe Desk:(512)471-4152
Physics Dept-Mail Stop C1600 Office: (512) 471-5411
The University of Texas at Austin FAX: (512) 471-9637 (other building)
Austin, Texas 78712-1081 E-Mail:trappe@physics.utexas.edu