Re: Junk Science Junk Telecast

Upon the advise of someone on this list I started to watch ABC TV's Junk
Science last night. I even stuck a tape in the VCR. After about 30
minutes I realized that this was a Junk Telecast about "junk science."

I agree somewhat with the complaints about the program that have been
made by members of this list. I watched the whole thing and came away
with the impression that it was a rather puny effort flawed by the
lack of scientific expertise employed in its preparation.

On the other hand, what did you expect? This is the mass market TV
industry; they can never be trusted for their scientific content.
This show was at least not quite as offensive as many I've seen on
lately. It was a weak blow struck for the cause, but at least it was
clearly struck *for* the cause. Not once did I hear anyone say
"nucyaler", perhaps a modern record for a one hour show.

I think I've already reused the tape. That's how valuable the
program was to me. I wish that ABC had asked me what to investigate.
I'd have given them a dozen really juicy ones! Of course they had
to do the breast implant part; that's expected nowadays.

If you feel like writing a scathing letter to the ABC network about
the show I urge you not to do so. If it is read at all, it will only
be taken as a negative vote for things like this program, not as a
call to improve them.

Leigh