Re: electronic components

Ludwik,

When I fit exponential functions to either of your sets of current data
and integrate them, I get charges of just under 6 C--not different enough
from the nominal 5 C to concern me greatly. In your message of 12/26 you
say that you get your value from a *linear* fit to the data. If so, that
certainly would explain the problem!

Beyond that I don't have the answers you seek, but I am not at all
surprised that capacitors have properties that don't match our textbook
ideals. Some of these are likely the result of hysteresis resulting from
residual polarization in the dielectric. In any event the behavior here
is close enough to that of a 1 F cap to satisfy requirements in most
circuits.

John