Job at Vassar College

I would like to make people aware that we are looking for someone for next
year (and probably the next two years as well, maybe full time???). The
job ad that will appear in Feb Physics Today is listed here. If anyone
wants to talk to me about this, I will be at the AAPT in Pheonix. If you
are interested in the job, it would be to your advantage to come by and
talk to me.

I will be doing a book signing at the AIP exhibit booth for the second
edition of my "Tour of the Subatomic Zoo" book on tuesday morning from
9-10:30.

Also I will be at the Prentice Hall booth Monday and Tuesday most of each
day/night showing our new "Interactive Journey through Physics" CD ROM.

Cindy Schwarz

Heres the ad:

Adjunct Assistant Professor of Physics - Half-time
Vassar College
Department of Physics and Astronomy

The Department of Physics and Astronomy at Vassar College invites
applications for a one-year, half-time teaching position as Adjunct
Assistant Professor of Physics. The duration of the appointment is from
late August 1997 to June 1998, with a possible renewal at more than
half-time for the following academic year. We seek someone with an M.S. or
Ph.D. in physics and with an active interest and significant experience in
introductory or intermediate level physics teaching at the undergraduate
level. Applicants should send a CV and two letters of recommendation to
Jeffrey Norman, Chair, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Box 539, Vassar
College, 124 Raymond Avenue, Poughkeepsie, NY 12604-0539. Fax: (914)
437-5995; email: mathomas@vassar.edu (with a hard copy to follow).
Applications will be accepted until March 7, 1996. Vassar College is an
equal opportunity/affirmative action employer